School Profile & History
Northrup Elementary School is located at 409 South Atlantic Blvd. in the city of Alhambra. It first opened on January 3, 1950.
Northrup Elementary School was named for Judge William M. Northrup, also known as “Mr. Alhambra”. During his years of service to the city he filed papers of incorporation creating the city of Alhambra in 1903. Judge Northrup left a bequest in his will to provide a desk stand and an American flag for each eighth grader at promotion exercise. In 1974 this fund became exhausted.